Alexander Homestead is a top-notch wedding venue located in Charlotte, NC, that boasts a unique blend of vintage charm and modern elegance. If you are still exploring your options in and around Queen City, this might be a top contender- and certainly one that I recommend to all my clients looking for a venue in the area. The property is situated on a six-acre estate, providing the most perfect backdrop for a romantic and wedding photo experience (coming straight from a wedding photographer!). And, it's just a short 15 minute drive for the heart of downtown CLT which is just another huge plus. Below are all the reasons we love this spot and why we think you might, too!
Alexander Homestead Wedding Venue in Charlotte, NC
The Alexander Homestead was originally built in the early 1900s and was once the home of a prominent local family. Since then, the property has been restored and transformed into a truly gorgeous wedding venue- all while still retaining its historic charm and character.
Features and Amenities:
- Outdoor ceremony sites: Alexander Homestead offers multiple outdoor ceremony sites, including a garden gazebo (the main ceremony space) and an expansive lawn area for other options. The gazebo, however, is typically the star of the show. It's just stunning- with a brick walkway leading the aisle and string lights in all directions. There really isn't a more beautiful ceremony area we've seen!
- Indoor ceremony and reception spaces: The venue has indoor ceremony and reception options as well if you are concerned about any weather issues. This includes a rustic barn and a grand ballroom, which can accommodate weddings of all sizes. The barn features a large open floor plan, exposed wooden beams, and vintage chandeliers, creating a warm and inviting atmosphere. Guest count for inside the barn goes up to 200, but you can open the wall of the barn and allow seating to spill outside into the lawn if needed.
- Getting ready spaces: The Alexander Homestead has a separate getting ready space for both the bride and groom. The bridal suite is located on the second floor of the historic home and really packs a punch. It's a large space with a full bath, full kitchen, seating area, full-length mirrors and outlets for hair and makeup!
The groom's quarters are a comfortable and stylish space where the groom and his groomsmen can relax and get ready while hidden away from the bride so that photos can be easily done beforehand.
- Professional event staff: The venue has a team of professional event staff who are dedicated to ensuring that every detail of your wedding day is perfect. We always love getting to work with the Alexander Homestead team and look forward to all our future weddings with them!
-In-House Catering and Bartending: The venue's in-house catering and bartending services ensure that your guests will enjoy -delicious food and drinks throughout the day. The experienced culinary team can create a customized menu that fits your taste and preferences. They use only the freshest ingredients and can accommodate any dietary restrictions and preferences, such as vegetarian, vegan, or gluten-free. With the venue's professional bartending services, you can also enjoy signature cocktails and drinks that will impress your guests. The cocktails are always such a hit at the weddings we shoot there!
What Services They Offer for Clients:
The best part of hiring an all-inclusive venue is knowing that your day will be taken care of and you have as little stress as possible. The Homestead team offers a range of services and amenities to their clients which is a big reason so many of our couples choose to go with them. A few things that are included in their venue packages are:
- Tables and chairs for the ceremony and reception
- Linens and tableware
- Event setup and breakdown
- Event coordination and planning
- In-house catering services
- Professional bartending services
- Ample on-site parking for guests
Best Time to Get Married Here
Alexander Homestead is an ideal venue for weddings year-round. However, the best time to get married there is during the spring or fall months, when the weather is mild and the gardens are in full bloom. It's always great when the barn doors can open up so guests can party both in and outside, so warmer temps are best if that's a priority for you. We recommend reaching out at a minimum of a year and a half before your desired wedding date to book with them or you may miss the opportunity!
Charlotte, NC Wedding Venue
Additionally, Alexander Homestead offers the convenience of having everything you need in one place. From the ceremony to the reception, to the getting ready spaces, and even accommodations for out-of-town guests, the venue has it all. This can save you time and money, as you won't have to worry about coordinating with multiple vendors and venues.
It really is a top choice for couples looking for a unique and memorable wedding venue in Charlotte, NC. With its historic charm, beautiful gardens, rustic barn, and professional staff, it offers everything you need for an unforgettable wedding day.