The Lake House Wedding Venue in Piney Flats, Tennesse is one for the books. It's a favorite of ours and just by taking a look through Morgan and Caden's gallery you'll see why we feel that way. It's located right along the gorgeous Boone Lake that flows through Eastern Tennessee. If you've ever attended a lakeside wedding, you know that the sunsets just cannot be beaten. This post is going to tell you all about this gorgeous venue and why you might want to consider it for your own wedding.
The Lake House Wedding Venue in Tennesse
Our first experience at the Lake House was for Morgan and Caden's gorgeous fall wedding by the lake. We got so lucky with a perfectly clear day and the sunset at the end of the night was just breathtaking. Scroll down to check out the photos and see for yourself! But most importantly, I'm here to tell you all the best things that The Lake House Wedding Venue has to offer!
Amenities and Perks
- The Lake- OBVIOUSLY this is the best thing about the venue (but it's all pretty amazing!). Boone Lake is absolutely stunning. The venue itself is located atop a hill, so when you stand at the top, you overlook everything from above and it is seriously just incredible. It was so necessary to get a photo of the couple from the very top, and I may have gotten several to be honest.
- Another perk of the lake is the dock that the venue owns. We personally didn't use it, but it's a perfect spot for a lakeside First Look or couples portraits.
- The Bridal House- Oh, I'm obsessed. The bridal suite is located in an entire house that's within walking distance from the venue. It's a one bedroom house, fully furnished with a kitchen, bathroom and makeup vanity chairs and mirrors. It's been flipped into the perfect space for the Bride and bridesmaids to get ready in their own space. Aside from the flexibility, it's absolutely adorable and has a great wrap around porch for photos or just for hanging out outside.
- Checkered Grass Patio- The iconic checkered grass patio is what this venue is known for. This is our favorite photo spot and it packs a great punch. It's where Caden and Morgan shared their First Look, but it would also be an amazing spot for cocktail hour or even for outdoor reception tables.
- It's Historic- Something that brings so much charm to a space is its history! The Bridal House is the original farmhouse from before 1950 so it's packed full of personality and has a story to tell.
Overall, it's just such a vibe of a venue! It's so peaceful, charming and elegant.. We are ecstatic to have finally gotten the chance to work with these guys and cannot wait to return again for future weddings. Scroll down to learn more about the vendors from Morgan and Caden's gorgeous wedding day!
I'm a fully hybrid film and digital wedding photographer, so these images are a little of both!
The Wedding Vendors that Made the Magic!
Photography: Taylor Parker Photography
The Lake House Piney Flats