Hopefully, you've made it here to our page because you are currently searching for a Nashville Elopement Photographer. Or maybe you are just here because you're a blog regular and I'm happy about that as well! But if it's option one, I'm going to fill your mind with all types of information about why you might want to hire us to photograph your upcoming city wedding!
My first trip to Nashville was in the winter of 2021 when my son was referred to the local children's hospital for his medical issues (which are now resolved and we highly recommend Monroe!). I immediately fell in love with the area. Most of you know by now what a love I have for a gorgeous city skyline and although I was born and raised in the mountains, the city is where most of my passion for photography truly lies. So I honestly always feel so alive getting to photograph the absolutely gorgeous downtown Nashville.
Nashville Elopement Photographer
Okay, so technically I'm an Asheville elopement photographer- but don't let that change your mind about hiring us. Because after ten years of working in the wedding industry, I've learned enough to know how to price myself so that I don't have to tack on any extra travel fees for weddings in the U.S. It's kind of amazing, actually! So even though I live in Asheville, I can still photograph your TN wedding, be there to celebrate all the best parts, and capture the important memories while also enjoying some southern comfort food.
With all that being said, let's get to the fun stuff! I'm so glad you're here and wandering around the internet interested in seeing more elopements and weddings in Nashville and I would love to be a part of your incredible journey.
What does Nashville have to offer as a destination wedding location?
Eloping has become a super popular alternative to traditional weddings in recent years, and Nashville, TN has gained significant traction as a destination wedding location. Much known for its vibrant music scene, rich history, and Southern charm, it offers a unique and memorable experience for couples looking to have a more intimate elopement.
- Music Everywhere: One of the most obvious distinctive features of Nashville is its deep-rooted connection to music. Known as "Music City," Nashville is home to numerous iconic music venues, recording studios, and talented musicians. When you choose to elope in Nashville, you can immerse yourself in the city's musical heritage, whether it's by hiring a local musician to perform during your ceremony or by exploring the famous honky-tonk bars on Lower Broadway for your post-elopement celebration. Not to mention one of the most fun things to do in Nashville is to go out to the bars and sing karaoke! It's a must-do, so be sure to make time for it!
- Scenic Beauty: Nashville and its surrounding areas boast some pretty gorgeous natural landscapes that provide the perfect backdrop for your elopement ceremony. Centennial Park, with its iconic Parthenon replica, and the serene Radnor Lake State Park are just a couple of the many options available to couples seeking a romantic outdoor setting. We also love Cumberland park which is right by the John Seigenthaler Pedestrian Bridge- this is a huge iconic spot for photos downtown.
- The FOOD!!! There is one thing for sure about Nashville, and that is that you will absolutely indulge yourself in the food. It's just so incredible and something we always look forward to while we are in town for weddings. Spicy fried chicken is MUST have when visiting the city!
Tips for Planning a Nashville, TN Elopement
Whether you're a local or a visitor to the Music City, there are plenty of options and considerations to keep in mind when organizing your special day. Here are some valuable tips and recommendations to help make your Nashville elopement a success straight from a wedding expert!
- Choose the Perfect Location: Nashville offers a variety of locations for your elopement ceremony. Consider the obviously iconic spots like Centennial Park, the Pedestrian Bridge, or the historic Ryman Auditorium. Each location has its own unique charm and can provide a beautiful backdrop for your special day. We've also photographed a few elopements in some unique spaces like Kimmie and Nick's wedding at The Graduate Hotel- notice the giant Dolly Parton head behind them!
- Obtain the Necessary Permits and Complete the Legal Checklist: Depending on your chosen location, you may need to obtain permits or permissions for your elopement ceremony. Research the specific requirements for your desired spot and make sure to complete any necessary paperwork well in advance. This will help ensure a smooth and hassle-free experience on your wedding day. Be sure and communicate this with your photographer as well who might be an expert on the matter. Before tying the knot in Nashville, familiarize yourself with the city's marriage license requirements. Visit the official website of the Davidson County Clerk's Office to find detailed information about the necessary documents, application process, and fees. It is essential to complete these steps ahead of time to avoid any last-minute stress or complications. You can find out more about the legal details here: https://www.nashville.gov/departments/county-clerk/marriage-license
- Consider the Seasons and Weather: Nashville experiences all four seasons, each offering its own sense of beauty. But take into account the weather conditions during the time of your elopement and plan accordingly. Spring and fall tend to be mild and really enjoyable, while summers can be soooo HOT and humid. Winters in Nashville can be chilly, but they also offer a super cozy and romantic vibe you might like.
- Hire a Local Wedding Planner: While elopements are typically more intimate and low-key than traditional weddings, it can still be really beneficial to enlist the services of a local wedding planner and it's something we always recommend to our clients. They will have the experience and knowledge to help you navigate through the planning process smoothly and can answer questions you may not even think to ask!
- Choose Your Photographer: I may just be a little biased, but I really believe investing in photography is the best thing you can do for your wedding or elopement. At the end of the day, photos will be the only thing you'll be able to walk away with that will last a lifetime. So it's important to really find someone you can trust with photographing those big moments! We would love the chance to talk with you more and hopefully get to work with you!
Elopement on 35mm Film
If you are new here, we also shoot almost all of our weddings and sessions on 35mm film. We offer it to our couples as a way to really capture their memories in a unique, vintage way and our clients absolutely love it. If you'd like to read a little more on what hiring a film wedding photographer may look like, check out our recent post here.
Let's plan your Nashville wedding together!
John Seigenthaler Pedestrian Bridge